This was taken in the year 2000 (15 years ago – wow!) I was 18 years old. I was trying to find the article written in the Toronto Star about the Tutor program to remedial students I participated in, but could only find this image that was re-uploaded to the internet. Even though they have since closed my old HS, Nelson A. Boylen, a lot of great people came from there. A lot of great stories started there. A lot of great friendships where created there and some have been maintained to this day. I was never able to find these 2 students again, but did make contact with other kids I tutored at the time. My memories and experiences of HS will always live on. I grew out of my shell here and began exposing my talents in small doses. Thank You Boylen for the memories, friendships and the start of my passion in Radio & Public Speaking. This is where I made (on cassette) mixtapes, created commercials for dances, and always ensured I had the latest music to play, etc. #NelsonABoylen #Boylen #Jane #Falstaff #Wilson #Memories #HighSchool #MCTINGZZZ #Cassette #Music these kids don’t know ’bout ‘splicing’ tape!!! 😂😂😂😂
Dear Nelson A. Boylen C.I., Thank You for Everything!
- Goodbye 2016 You Son of a Gun!!! — Hello 2017 you sexy beast! *Sigh* ….. The New Year. Oh yes….Happy New Year to you and yours! The promises of ‘new me’s” and ‘fresh starts’ and ‘clean slates’. But really who are we kidding? 24hrs doesn’t erase the previous day. No. Actions we took and reactions to those actions in 2016 don’t disappear into [...]
- Your Past Self vs. Your Present Self — Have you ever made peace with certain parts of your past that you smile? You smile the greatest smile of your life because the situation (whatever it was) can finally be laid to rest. That was my day today. Sometimes things happen between people that we can’t explain. Sometimes that situation can get nasty as [...]
- Forbes Daily Quote — [...]
- Taking Charge to Recharge — Often times I need to clear my head and recharge. I finally had a chance to do that. A real walk. A walk with purpose. I took a few selfie pictures and then put my phone away to enjoy the sounds of water hitting rocks and boats whipping by. I even saw one lonely swan [...]
- A Moment of Reflection by #MCNadzzz — There’s something about holding a microphone that brings joy to my soul. The fact that I have the ability to speak to people from all walks of life around this city is a blessing. I’ve had a gift that I almost let die. I woke up one day and realized the life I was living [...]