Yes that’s right…today is my 31st birthday! Oh my pumpkin pie! What a weekend it has been. Since Thursday of last week, I’ve been participating in all kinds of Caribana (Caribbean Carnival) festivities right here in Toronto! I haven’t been able to be me, be free and enjoy myself, in this way, in over 4 years! My oh my. I realized a few things this weekend.
1. I can still party! I’m a BADASS! LOL!
2. I’m still not a drinker: I see what alcohol does to people and boy or boy – I am not trying to be that girl that is sooo drunk I can’t even stand up and then PUKE all ova myself! NO THANKS!
3. I have some great friends and fantastic family that will ALWAYS have my back no matter how stupid I can be or what retarded decisions I make in my personal life!
4. I realized after getting all this “partying” out of my system that, I am TOO old for this shit. This is not necessarily how I want to spend my days. I thought I would have at least had a life partner, but that sadly didn’t pan out.
5. I want more from my life – I really want to start a life – house, family, etc. – the whole 9 yards! It’s time to make movements even harder than I EVER have before.
6. It’s really time to let the past go….I mean you move on and things are still fresh, but it’s time to truly NEVER turn back. Those people are in my past for a reason. They need to stay right there. Time to let the hurt and pain go. Time to forgive and TRULY forget.
I am truly truly blessed. If I were to die tomorrow, I know that I was finally happy and at peace. I don’t exactly have everything, but I have worked hard to get where I am. I can handle anything. ANYTHING! I’m stronger than I’ve ever been before.
31 is a good look!!! 31 is a GREAT LOOK! Happy Birthday to Me! And thanks to all those I celebrated with and who sent me well wishes.
My advice to others? Be grateful for everything, everyone and every experience in your life. Life is way to short.
One Love ~ Nadzzz
Below is a beautiful view of what my Friday evening was like! Priceless!! So beautiful I took a few extra moments to really enjoy it. I even shed a tear because to me, it was just that picture perfect moment. This is MY city; this is my Toronto 😉